Apologies for my irregular posting! I will, in my defense, continually direct you back to my first post, wherein I made a point of NOT committing to consistent posting. I know how annoying lulls between posts can be, however (ha-I delude myself into thinking I have enough visitors that one of you is frustrated by my infrequent posting!); so, here I am, despite feeling rather un-creative & un-inspired this hot, humid summer’s eve.
In the past couple of weeks since my last post, I’ve thought about posting about many topics, including but not limited to:
- An update about my side of the family’s 4th-of-July get-together, which marked the first time that my entire side of the family (well not the WHOLE extended family but my parents, siblings, their spouses and children) have been in the same place at the same time since my wedding approximately 3 years ago.
- Local businesses in the greater Columbus area that I have wanted to mention & support, namely the brand new Hilliard Farm Market that I’ve discovered and volunteered at the past 2 weeks and my favorite salon/spa in the area: Nurtur.
- An update on my P90X progress & observations (I’ve finished Phase I & started Phase II yesterday; I’ve also begun to pay better attention to what I’m putting into my body & have begun to use the free calorie-tracking tool MyPlate from the Livestrong Website with its companion $3 iPhone app for when I’m out and about.)
- My letter to my younger self (see my previous post)
- A post responding to an article in the Chronicle of Higher Ed interviewing author Nicholas Carr on the issue of whether technology may be making our students more stupid rather than helping them. (for the record I have opinions both in support of and against his argument – how level-headed of me!)
But… as you know, I haven’t actually blogged about any of the above subjects. Admittedly, as mentioned earlier, I’ve been feeling a bit uncreative of late – perhaps that has to do with all this lovely free time I have on my hands? Apart from an informal weekly French lesson from a colleague and preparing dinner for Justin each night, I really have very few obligations this summer (does going to the pool and reading books count?)-which, don’t get me wrong, is amazing -but, maybe, is also resulting in my increased sloth?
Then, tonight, I found this blog and got a little inspired! After reading Marisa’s blog for approximately 2 hours straight (it’s pretty addictive!), I had a fairly good idea of what the idea was behind her highly cretive projects, but clicked on over to the “about” page anyway, where I saw that I’m not the only one who has been feeling a little stuck in a rut! But, I was excited to see she’s doing something innovative & interesting to combat her own stuck-in-a-rut-ness (and on a daily basis, no less!) It got me thinking that action has to be the first step – no matter how lethargic and half-hearted, some action is better than no action. Hence my dull, laundry-list-esque post. I’m just trying to get the wheels to my creative juices turning…or flowing…or something.
So that’s all for tonight! If you have any input on what you’d like to read about first from the topics mentoned above, please leave me a comment & I’ll try to prioritize that in my next post! Thanks!