So I decided to start a blog! … again.
Yes, I’ve blogged before. I think I started about 10 years ago with a xanga blog in my high school to college days, moved on to a self-hosted (well, to be fair, I should say Justin-hosted) blog in my late-college to early-married days, and even tried out a joint blog with my better half that neither of us ever really updated because it didn’t feel like either one of our blogs! For the last 2 years or so, I’ve made do with facebook & twitter. At times this has been super freeing- no blog to update! no blogs to check! freedom! But, other times, I’ve really missed the blogosphere. I think I miss it more as just a place to get my thoughts out of my head & reflect on my life than anything, though I do recognize it’s a great way to stay connected to family & friends (and meet new people too!) Lately, especially, I’ve been craving a place where I can go and just write ideas I have and maybe (or maybe not) get feedback from other people interested in similar things. After thinking this through carefully, I think I’m ready to have a blog be that place again.
What I can promise you!
- Mostly boring updates with a few interesting (at least to me) posts thrown in the mix from time to time
- A variety of topics ranging from education to exercise/nutrition to what I’m currently reading to my latest lesson plan
- Links to the things I’m referring to! Who doesn’t love to link-hop?
What I cannot promise you!
- Consistency – I may have weeks where I post 2 or 3 times a day! And I will definitely have weeks where I do not update at all. Apologies in advance!
- Coherency – this is sort of the other side of bullet 2 above – I’m really not going for a particular type of blog – ie a mommyblog, a cooking blog, or a education blog (although those are all types of blogs I read & enjoy and may refer to in my own writing). Rather, I’m just going to blog blog – that is, write about whatever, whenever, however!
So join me as I reflect on things I that happen to me, things I am reading & learning, and things that I begin to explore as my future unfolds. I welcome your (constructive & supportive) comments & feedback along the way!